CONTRIBUTING TO THE PERFORMANCE AND GROWTH OF BUSINESSES
Since its founding in 1946, the Coface Group has contributed to the performance and growth of businesses of all sizes worldwide, and to building and conveying a climate of trust among trading partners.
- Creation of Coface, a French company specializing in export credit insurance.
- Coface begins operations in North America.
- Start of international expansion. Gradual development of the network in new countries, most notably Germany and Austria in 1991 and UK and Italy in 1992.Creation of CreditAlliance, a worldwide network of insurance companies, business information agencies, multiline insurance companies and factoring companies.
- Coface privatized. The Group continues to handle public guarantees on behalf of the French State.
- Coface acquires CNA Credit.
- Coface North America Insurance Company is created.
- Coface becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Natixis, the financing, asset management and financial services arm of the BPCE Group, France’s second largest banking group.
- Activities refocused on credit insurance, its traditional core business.
- Direct presence in 66 countries.
- Coverage extends to nearly 200 countries.
- Launch of Coface Global Solutions (a set of services aimed at multinationals) and Top Liner (complementary cover to the classic credit insurance).
- Success of the Coface IPO on the regulated market of Euronext Paris. As of July 2nd 2014, the resulting shareholding is as follows: Public: 58.50%; Natixis: 41.24%; Employees: 0.26%.
- Direct presence in 67 countries.
- Guarantees delivered in nearly 200 countries.
- Launch of a three-year strategic plan "Fit to Win", to improve risk management, operational efficiency and customer service quality.
- The public guarantees are transferred within a subsidiary of BPI France, thus putting an end to Coface's activities for the French State.
- ISS-oekom awards Coface "Prime" status for its performance in terms of social responsibility. Coface is thus among the top 10% of insurance companies in the world.
- Acquisition of SID - PKZ, the market leader in credit insurance in Slovenia.
- Presence in 100 countries.
- Services delivered in nearly 200 countries.