Reality Check: Corporate Payment Trend and Sectorial Risk in China
The overall payment experience in China has deteriorated in 2013 comparing to 2012. Key messages from the China Payment Survey are:
- Average credit terms extended in China has become longer comparing to 2012
- Maximum credit terms has generally been lengthened in 2013 comparing to 2012
- Overdue situation has also become more common in 2013 comparing to 2012, with a rising concern of management
- A higher percentage of respondents told us that the average overdue-period has been lengthened
- 45% of the respondents told us that they have seen an increase in overdue amount in 2013, comparing to the 56% in 2012
Besides payment experience as reflected in the China payment survey, we also use debt-to-equity ratio and profitability of industries to take a quick look at the healthiness of various industries in the Chinese economy.